[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Public httpd servers that support encryption

Hi,

>>Are there any public domain web servers like CERN or others that support
>>encryption? If so were can I find more information?
>
>Yes, check
><ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSL/
><ftp://ftp.psy.uq.oz.au/pub/Crypto/SSLapps/
>
>You have a patched ncsa-httpd there. But for use with netscape navigator you
>still need a verisign certificate. but I'm not sure wether you will be
>successful in getting one for this server.

The new 2.0 beta 2 versions of the netscape navigator should accept
additional certificates and CAs, has anybody tested this already?
At least you should now be able to build a inhouse combination of Navigator
and a SSL server which provide secure communication among them without getting
VeriSign involved.

  Wolfgang

Follow-Ups: References: